Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Why Do They Leave

I have come to realize just how much Spring is my favorite season. The weather has been divine. I spent most of the weekend outside on my deck. Ahh... peaceful.

Flowers are blooming, barley breaking the soil. A new life awaits. How wonderful!

Every time I spot a little bit of green pushing the dirt aside it brings back memories of my Grandmother. Most of my flowers, along with my need to dig in the dirt, comes from her. She's been gone for several years now but not forgotten. For every time I kick off my shoes, get on my knees and plant, dig or water my flowers, she appears. Bittersweet memories because truth be told, I would give up every bloom, every burst of color to have her beside me.

Still, it brings me peace. I know that she's there with me and I will forever be grateful for that. I will cherish my flowers, just as I do her.

Yes, Springtime is my favorite time of year.

Till Next Time....

Michele

Soundtrack for this blog:
Keb Mo' "Hand it Over"

No comments: