Friday, January 19, 2007

Lucinda Williams

February is going to be a great month for new music. Lucinda Williams' 8th studio album West is due out February 13th and as I reported Patty Griffin is releasing her album Feb. 6th.

Lucinda Williams is one of my all-time favorite artist. With her gravely voice, blues inspired lyrics and alt-country acoustic sound you can't help but be mesmerized.

Williams started her career in the Austin music scene along side Stevie Ray Vaughan and Released her first album Ramblin' in '79. In '98 she released my favorite album Car Wheels on a gravel road .

She has a stage presence that leaves you breathless. You can see the emotion on her face and feel the energy in every note. Don't just take my word for it -- check out Live @ The Filmore and see for yourself.

After listening to the first single "Are You Alright" from West I know I wont be anything less then impressed.

Call her music what you like -- Alt-country, Folk, Blues -- just know that it's original, inspired and purely her own sound. That is why I love this woman so much. She lends a voice to all.

Till next time....

Michele


Listen to three tracks from West.
http://main.losthighwayrecords.com/player.aspx?fid=636&ftyp=4&pgid=6&hid=60

Here is her official website.
http://www.lucindawilliams.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right girlfriend, she is the bomb diggity, her voice makes me want to curl up in bed and cry. You keep going girl!!

lylas

Robert